Sunday, July 11, 2010

Creative Public Figure



I have chosen our former Malaysian's prime minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad as a my example of the creative public figure because there's so many things that he has done for this country. Out of all of his contributions, I want to express more about the invention of the federal territory, Wilayah Persekutuan PUTRAJAYA.



Putrajaya was the brainchild of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad who was in power then. In 2001, Putrajaya was made a Federal Territory, increasing the number of federal territories to three. Kuala Lumpur and Labuan are the other two.

Planned as the garden and intelligent city, 38% of the area in Putrahata is reserved for green areas by emphasizing the enhancement of natural landscape.

I am totally amazed on how he has planned everything to make a new vision in this country. Now, Putrajaya has its own attractions and the city is beautifully equipped with architechtural buildings and greenish scenery and landscape. I am so proud of him and that's why I have to say that he is one of the most creative public figure in Malaysia. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment